Monday, February 2, 2009

A Search Engine That Gives Back.

Sometimes we look at the issues we care about, and if they are huge issues that are hard to get our heads around, we can get frustrated and feel like there is no way we can make a difference, that we can even make a small dent in the problem.

Well, we are wrong.

There are many different "small" things that we can do each day to help people. A few months ago, on my other blog, I mentioned a website called Freerice.com, where you can simply answer some word definition questions (multiple choice to make it even easier) and donate grains of rice to the World Food Bank.

I found another interesting website today.

It's called Goodsearch.com, and it's simply a search engine (powered by Yahoo!) that will donate money to your favorite charity or school simply by using the Goodsearch search engine instead of Google or Yahoo or other search engines. I put in Love146 as my search engine and then spent about thirty minutes today searching for things I already needed to search for anyway.

Who knows, perhaps even something as simple as searching for things on the internet could change the world.

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

I love to do those word definitions on that website! It helps my memory too.
I have used Goodsearch as well.
Small steps lead to change.