Saturday, January 17, 2009

IJM Meeting At Apex

This past Thursday night, thanks to Rochelle, who told me about it, I had the opportunity to hear a former International Justice Mission intern talk about IJM and show a video. I had seen part of the video that he showed, but it still was very impacting.

I thought Blake did a good job, especially considering he had an accident and had several teeth knocked out. I made some contacts with some people there, and hopefully we can start something up!

Here is a short video about IJM and what they face.

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

I'm glad you were able to come Adam. I hope you make the contacts you need. I'll keep my ears open for anything else at Apex. Blake is an inspiration. He had brain cancer and has had an amazing recovery. His dad is an ER physician at MVH so when they talked about the person in the ER being held as a slave here in Dayton that really hit home to me.
I was glad to see as many people come and I hope they raise the awareness. We plan to talk about it at our housechurch this week.